For our clients
- Design that are Code-compliant, safe, economical, and innovative.
- Drawings and specifications that are thorough, detailed, and constructible.
- Being quickly responsive to evolving needs of the client and job-site.
- Utilizing the latest technologies for project team collaboration.
For our staff
- Leadership that truly cares for the individual and his or her family.
- Providing a safe and fun working environment.
- A healthy “work/life” balance with flexible work hour requirements.
- Challenging projects and responsibilities that allow for professinoal growth and development.
Structural Detailing, LLC (SDLLC) is a Tennessee Limited Liability Company with certified minority WBE status with the State of Tennessee and the Metro Nashville Airport Authority. SDLLC has been providing structural steel detailing services with sealed connection designs to steel fabricators and general contractors since July 1998. The President is Brent Goodrich and she manages daily operations. The connection design responsibilities have generally been managed by Scotty Goodrich, P.E., who is Secretary/Treasurer. Brian Cobb, P.E., manages the detailing work as Chief Operating Officer. Warren Goodrich, P.E, S.E., is the Director of Engineering.
In 2010, SDLLC officially entered the consulting engineering field for building and structure design when Warren Goodrich was hired. The goal was to provide Structural Engineer-of-Record (EOR) design services to architects and other design team members. After several years of providing this work under the heading of SDLLC, Balata was officially announced as a division of SDLLC in 2017.
The primary goal for creating the division was to differentiate the steel detailing services from the EOR services. Previously SDLLC has worked on projects as both the EOR and the steel detailer. This has led to confusion because one service is typically hired by the design team (generally, the architect) and the other is hired by the construction team (contractor or fabricator). While both services have an open line of communication with each other it was deemed necessary to create a separate division for contractual separation and clearer chain of command procedures. Balata is managed by Warren Goodrich, and Kevin Hampel, P.E., S.E.
The main office for SDLLC/Balata is located in Brentwood, TN, and the second office is located in Hyderabad, India. The Tennessee staff includes over 20 full-time employees and there are more than 50 full-time employees in India. All project communication and coordination is handled by a Project Manager from the Tennessee office. The staff in India works solely on projects awarded through SDLLC/Balata and all of the projects are in the United States. The staff in India has been trained to meet SDLLC/Balata standards in all aspects of the work. From a functional standpoint, the office in India is simply an extension of the Tennessee office.
The SDLLC/Balata staff includes four Professional Engineers, two of which are also licensed Structural Engineers. In all, SDLLC/Balata engineers are licensed in all 50 states.
- American Institute of Steel Construction (AISC)
- Technology Integration Committee (November 2010 – 2016)
- Committee on Manuals and Textbooks (January 2008 – 2015)
- SDS/2 steel detailing software
- Advisory Board (2004 – 2011)
- Connector’s Club Winner, awarded to the top SDS/2 detailer in the country (2010)
- Lecturer/presenter at annual User’s Group (multiple years)
- Certified Welding Inspector and Certified Masonry Inspector
- Concrete Field Testing Technician Grade I and Concrete Construction Inspector Level II
- Flat Work Finishers Certification
- Adjunct Professor for Civil Engineering Department at Vanderbilt University (multiple semesters)
- Guest Lecturer for Civil Engineering Department at Vanderbilt University (multiple semesters)
- Presenter at North American Steel Construction Conference (NASCC, multiple years)
- Need Kevin’s ACI committees
- ACI 314 – Simplified Design of Concrete Buildings, Associate Committee Member
- ACI 360 – Design of Slabs On Ground, Associate Committee Member